I did a lot of stuff today, included baking, prepping lots of food for the week, piles of laundry, and a run (3.6 miles!). Finishing up a busy weekend with errands is probably my least favorite thing ever, so I spent about an hour folding clothes and ruminating about things that I would love to be doing–and I decided to make a list!
This is just a short list of some things that I wish I was doing right now:
- Spending a lot of time in South Africa, in the summer, seeing animals, tanning, and meeting Fritz’s family.
- Getting at least one dog, and definitely a fluffy orange kitten.
- Buying a giant house and filling it with furniture and decor that I love and makes me feel at peace.
- That includes a giant claw foot bath tub and humongous stove and refrigerator.
- Bonus points if that house is a giant refinished barn.
- Reading through my list of 100 books in the Caribbean while drinking fruity adult beverages.
- Spending ridiculous amounts of money on beautiful high heels and backless dresses that have absolutely nothing to do with my chosen career.
- Traveling through rural Southeast Asia and trying a whole new culture of food.
- Living in Greece.
- Celebrating both Fritz and I being done with school and/or paying off all of our loans.
What do you think? Anything you’d like to add?
Anyway, here’s what we actually did tonight. Feeling a little lazy for a late (4:00) lunch, I had Fritz go out and grill some veggies and sausages up.
Squash ‘N’ Sausage (serves 2)
- 2 large sausages (we used spicy Italian)
- 2-3 small summer squash (or other veggies would be fine)
- 1 T lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
This actually reminds me a lot of…well, every meal we eat in the summer time.
Lightly spray the veggies with olive oil and grill everything all together. The squash should be soft and have beautiful crispy grill marks. The sausage has to be cooked all the way through.
Chop everything up, combine in a bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice and a hearty dash of salt and pepper.
Spicy sausage makes even the most boring veggies taste exciting–and of course, grilling squash just takes it up to a whole ‘nother level anyway.
This was quick, easy, delicious, and healthy.
Now if only I could get my hands on a claw foot bath tub…