A quick recipe that’s perfectly timed for…you know. Tomorrow. Thanksgiving.
This is a super-easy way to spice up (literally) your holiday apple cider. Just set it aside in a Crock Pot (or big pot, if you have to stove-top room to spare or no Crock Pot), and let it simmer away for a few hours. Here’s the good news:
- Tastes delicious
- Requires only a few ingredients
- Makes your house (ahem, small one-bedroom apartment) smell heavenly
- There’s no bad news
Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1/8 C brown sugar
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
Combine all of the ingredients in a Crock Pot and set on low heat for a few hours. If you are in a hurry or making last minute beverages like
I might have done some people I know, then you can also combine everything on high for a half hour or so, until hot. The longer it sits, the more mulled it’ll be–but it was still totes delicious after only a little while.
You can leave out the sugar, too. I probably would leave it out for myself if making it again, but it does give it have that slightly deep sweetness that made it taste like a special gourmet drink.
And I like special gourmet drinks. ‘Specially when they are lip-lickin’ good. Right, Henry?
If you have a few moments, I’d love to hear some things that you are thankful for–here’s a few of mine:
- Being home with my family for a long, long weekend.
- That my parents are making me a turkey even though we are having the actual Thanksgiving dinner at someone else’s house, just so I can have leftovers.
- A husband that is loving and willing to drive 6 1/2 hours home so I can nap, even though I slept in way longer than he did this morning.
- Not to mention a husband’s that’s pretty gosh-darn sexy to boot.
- My new MacBook Pro–blogging is so much more enjoyable.
- An evil but super loved cat in the basement, who looks so cute sleeping in his little carrier even though my mom built him an elaborate Henry’s Dream House.
- Being almost finished with school!
- My first baby niece Liana Claire growing healthy, beautiful, and strong in my sister’s belly.
- A big glass of red wine.
- All the people that make living my life an adventure that I wake up excited to be a part of.